In accordance with national guidelines, Norfolk Broads Direct & Broads Tours are closed to customers from Thursday 5th November until 2nd December. This is obviously very disappointing for everyone – especially those of you who had a day planned with us.
If you already have a boat booked with us for the next month, please rest assured our team are working hard to contact all of our customers in date order to arrange a refund – so please don’t telephone us unless your day boat is booked in the next 7 days, or we have left a message for you.
We hope that 2021 will herald something resembling a return to normality – but it does need all of us to do our bit to make it happen. So please – stay at home and help stop the spread!
We look forward to seeing you as soon as it’s safe.
Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Statement
16th November 2020
Broads Tours is committed to providing a safe environment afloat and ashore.
Throughout the pandemic, we have taken a proactive approach to protect our customers and staff and have joined Visit England’s Good To Go scheme.
Our investment has included:
- new safety and instructional videos to watch before and during your boat trip
- new IT systems to reduce queueing and allow passenger boat tickets & day boats to be booked ahead;
- electronic waivers to be signed in advance to reduce waiting time and the use of paper & pens;
- streamlined handover processes to reduce face to face contact;
- social distancing measures at our ticket windows and reception;
- social bubbles on board our passenger boats – protecting our guests and reducing capacity;
- enhanced cleaning and sanitisation regimes around the workplace and public areas;
- organising our staff into work bubbles so that they can continue to work safely;
- wearing face coverings and other PPE when we are face to face with customers or people from outside our work bubbles;
- enforcing a strict signing in process for staff and contractors, and displaying test & trace QR codes in public areas.
Although we look forward to a future which does not involve social distancing, many of these improvements are here to stay.
All of our boating fleet and customer toilets are cleaned with products which are DEFRA accredited and conform to EU requirements.
We will continue at all times to monitor and follow the advice from HM Government Department of Health, in order to protect the health and safety of our staff and customers.
We look forward to welcoming you when the law permits it – and in the meantime, please stay safe and play by the rules!